PANEL CENTRAL DE APERTURA
Acto de instalación de la 8va. feria FISE - FISE IEEE CIGRE CONFERENCE 2019
• Ministra de Minas y Energía - Colombia
• Juan Carlos Montero, vicepresidente PES - ICE Costa Rica
• Philippe Adam - Secretario general CIGRE
• Jorge Londoño De la Cuest, Gerente EPM
• Astrid Álvarez, Presidente GEB
• Ricardo Sierra, Presidente CELSIA
PANEL: Reality Check on Energy Transition
ISA, HMV y Quanta Technology
The electric power industry is undergoing one of the fastest and deepest transformations in its 135-year history. This becomes ever more evident with the constant incorporation of disruptive technologies that have the potential to completely change the paradigms with which the sector has historically developed. These changes, which can be slow compared to the dynamics of other industries, will have much more relevant impacts on regulatory schemes and the business models that it supports. From this, it is inexorable to expect threats to traditional business models and new business opportunities for every participant of the market.
The increasing economic feasibility of renewable generation technologies, electricity storage, innovations in information technologies and telecommunications such as blockchain, coupled with new concepts of energy markets, will support the integration of new products and services both at the wholesale and retail levels.
The situation described originate a growing number of questions on how the future will unravel and how it will affect businesses and daily life of society.
• How deep and transformational will be the expected changes for the industry participants?
• How will the market and engineering sides of the electric industry will interact for a smoother transformation?
• How the policy makers, regulators, planners and system operators are preparing for the changes in energy supply and consumption?
• How the companies are preparing for the upcoming changes in business models?
• Are we expecting a slow transition, or will it be of Uber/Netflix speed and proportions?
• Can we expect to have a more perfect electricity market, with less need of regulation or
intervention? Or on the contrary, will require more of it?
PANEL: Proyecto ENERGÉTICA 2030
En este panel se discutirán los avances del proyecto de COLCIENCIAS – ENERGÉTICA 2030, donde más de 20 instituciones nacionales y extranjeras se han reunido para reflexionar sobre el sector eléctrico mirado en el horizonte 2030.